Motorcycling is one of the fastest modes of transport in the modern-day. It is also one of the most loved sports. For you to be able to enjoy riding your motorcycle in the summer, you will need protection and comfort. The motorcycle gloves are one of the gears that will ensure your safety, comfort for an enjoyable ride.
Lately, there are various brands of summer motorcycle gloves in the market. This has led to the market becoming crowded with different types of summer motorcycle gloves from different brands hence getting the best becoming tricky.
Therefore, we have selected the best summer motorcycle gloves with unique and essential features for you to choose the brand that will make you happy.
What to Look for When Buying Summer Motorcycle Gloves?
– Fingerless? Full finger?
Summer motorcycle gloves are available in two designs, i.e., fingerless and full finger.
Fingerless are best suitable for individuals that have sweaty fingers since they are more breathable and more lightweight. However, in case of an accident, your fingers may not be fully protected from any impacts or dangers that may injure your fingers.
Full finger gloves have excellent grip and padding that will absorb shocks to your fingers for a comfortable ride. Although full-finger gloves are breathable, they do not have more breathability than the fingerless or the half finger.
The full finger will offer you complete protection to your fingers, a good grip, and support your fingers fully.
The fingerless motorcycle gloves are flexible, offer you full wrist support, and are more lightweight and breathable.
Choosing the type of motorcycle glove will depend on your preference and comfort, plus whether your hands are sweaty or not.
– What for men? What for women?
There are unisex motorcycle gloves, while others are designed specifically for men or women. The main difference when it comes to gloves for women and men is the sizing.
Women’s summer motorcycle gloves are a bit smaller in size compared to the ones for men. Colors depend on individuals and how they plan to match the outfit with the summer motorcycle gloves.
Therefore, when buying summer motorcycle gloves, you should check the color, style, and size to determine if it is for men or women.
However, there are women with large hands, and they wear men summer motorcycle gloves when riding.
– Should I buy thin motorcycle gloves for summer use?
It would be best if you bought thin motorcycle gloves for summer use. Gloves have season ratings too.
Thin motorcycle gloves are lightweight, breathable, and comfortable, unlike the winter motorcycle gloves that must have fur to keep heat, hence increasing weight.
The thin motorcycle gloves for summer use should be breathable to allow sweat to escape, lightweight, and possess excellent grip to protect your hands.
– Is it touch screen compatible?
Getting touch screen compatible summer motorcycle gloves will give you an easy time to use them during the ride.
When it is touch screen compatible, you will not have to take the gloves off when you want to use your smartphone or tablet.
When buying summer motorcycle gloves, you should ensure it contains conductive metal fibers on the index fingers and thumbs for you to be able to use them without taking them off when you want to use your phone or tablet.
– What is the cooling construction?
The cooling construction will ensure your hands stay comfortable and dry during the ride.
Therefore, when buying summer motorcycle gloves, you should ensure it is vented, perforated, or constructed with breathable materials like cotton that will allow air to flow, leading to cooling of your hands during a hot summer season.
– Short cuff? Long gauntlet?
Summer motorcycle gloves can either be short cuff or long cuff, also known as gauntlet.
The gauntlet will offer you protection and safety during the ride. A gauntlet summer motorcycle glove will cover your forearm, and it will cover your hands and lower hands, leading to your hand’s maximum protection.
The gauntlet’s disadvantage is that it will limit your hands’ mobility, and you will not have an easy time taking them off.
The short cuff will offer you more comfort and mobility. Most of your hands will be uncovered, and you will feel comfortable when riding.
The short cuff will leave most of your body exposed and prone to injuries.
– Single layer? Double layer?
The number of layers in the summer motorcycle gloves helps protect your fingers and their durability.
A single layer is good when you want a lightweight summer glove, but it will not offer you much protection in case of an accident. The single-layer will easily wear off.
A double layer will help shock absorption, give you a better grip and ensure your fingers have more comfort. In case of an accident, the double layer will protect your hands and fingers. Friction may not get your body skin leading to an injury.
Therefore, when buying summer motorcycle gloves, you should check their layering to ensure your hands’ comfort and protection during the ride.
– Is it protected from rain?
It is less likely to rain during the summer. However, the weather may change suddenly, and it starts to rain during a ride.
When purchasing summer motorcycle gloves, you should ensure it is waterproof to ensure rainwater does not enter your hand, making them wet and uncomfortable.
– Heavyweight? Lightweight?
The weight of the summer motorcycle gloves is very crucial.
A heavy glove will lead to your hands becoming fatigued easily, leading to the ride becoming unenjoyable due to muscle strains and discomfort.
A lightweight glove will result in fatigue and long rides due to no muscle strains and more comfort on your hands.
Reviews of the Best Summer Motorbike Gloves
Kemimoto Motorcycle Gloves – Vented and Protected
Kemimoto is one of the great brands globally. It is known for the construction of durable summer motorcycle gloves with unique features. The glove’s excellent features will ensure your comfort and protection when riding your motorcycle during the summer.
• Carbon fiber shell: this will help in optimal protection on the knuckles when riding.
• Non-skid fabrics and shock-resistant SBR foam palms: it will help in better throttle control and excellent grip.
• Vented and breathable fabrics: it will ensure your hands stay dry and comfortable by wicking away sweats.
• Fingertips touch screen: the gloves are touch screen compatible hence you will be able to use your smartphone or other devices without removing the gloves.
• It only weighs 5 ounces: you will be able to use the gloves for long durations without your hands getting fatigued.
• Adjustable Velcro closure: this will allow you to adjust the closure to suit your comfort and allow blood flow to your fingers, reducing numbness when riding.
Kemimoto Motorcycle Gloves are the best summer gloves with incredible qualities. They are breathable, anti-slip, and will offer protection to your hands. The gloves are available in various sizes and colors that you can choose from as per your preference.
COFIT Motorcycle Gloves for Men and Women – with Hook and Loop
FITAM is one of the best manufacturers of the best summer motorcycle gloves in the modern-day. COFIT Motorcycle Gloves for Men and Women are crafted with precision and quality that will ensure your comfort and protection when riding your motorcycle in the summer season or on a hot sunny day.
• Hook and loop closure: this will ensure the gloves do not come off easily when wearing them while riding.
• Fingertips touch-screen design: the conductive metal fibers will allow you to use your smartphone or other devices without taking off the gloves.
• Comfortable and breathable: the fabrics used to construct the gloves are breathable, and it has an air vent that will allow moisture and sweat to wick away, leaving your hands dry and comfortable.
• Adjustable Velcro: this will allow you to wear and remove the gloves easily. It will also allow you to adjust the gloves to a comfortable fit and enhance blood circulation on your fingers.
• Perfect grip and control: the gloves feature silicone anti-slip in the palm, increasing the grip on the motorcycle’s handlebars.
• It weighs 3.53 ounces: the gloves are lightweight; hence you will be able to wear them for long durations without your hands getting tired.
COFIT Motorcycle Glove will ensure your fingers are fully protected when riding. Additionally, the gloves are available in multiple colors and sizes to choose from according to your preference.
Holiberty Summer Cooling Cycling Gloves – Thin with Anti-Slip Gel
Holiberty is among the best brands when it comes to the construction of the best summer motorcycle gloves. Holiberty Summer Cooling Cycling Gloves excellent properties make them one of the gloves that will offer you protection.
• Lycaspandex material: the material is durable; hence you will be able to use the gloves frequently for extended periods.
• Breathable fabrics: it will help in wicking away moisture and therefore leaving your hands comfortable and dry.
• Anti-slip and soft: it features silica gel on the palm of the gloves that will improve the grip and enhance the throttle control.
• Touch screen compatible: the touch screen technology will enable you to use your smartphone or tablet without taking off the gloves.
• Adjustable loop and hoop closure: this will allow you to adjust the gloves to allow blood to flow to your fingers.
• Padding: it will help in shock absorption purposes.
• Convenient: the full-finger design will offer excellent insulation and protect your hands from UV rays that may harm your fingers.
Holiberty Summer Cooling Cycling Gloves are versatile and unisex. Besides, the pair of gloves are stylish and available in various colors. The gloves are also durable and affordable.
Milwaukee Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves – with Padded Palm
Over the years, Milwaukee has been constructing premium quality motorcycle gloves with remarkable features. Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-XS Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves is not different from their other summer motorcycle gloves. Some of the features that make these gloves a must-have include:
• It weighs 3.99 ounces: the gloves are lightweight; hence you will be able to use them for long durations without your hands getting tired.
• Premium leather: this ensures the quality and durability of the gloves, and therefore, you will use them frequently for extended periods.
• Gel padded palm: it will give you an excellent grip to ride comfortably for long durations; it will also reduce shock and durations during the ride.
• Breathable and ventilated: this will ensure your hands stay dry and comfortable for an enjoyable ride.
• Velcro wrist strap: the adjustable closure design will allow you to adjust the straps for your comfortable fit and to allow blood flow to your hands.
Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-XS Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves have a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from over a thousand users globally. The gloves are available in various sizes that you can choose from for a comfortable fit.
Superbike Half Finger/Fingerless Motorcycle Gloves – with Perforated Hole
Half Finger/Fingerless Motorcycle Gloves is a pair of gloves of the Superbike brand. It is equipped with outstanding and exceptional features to ensure your comfort and protection when riding your motorcycle during the summer.
• Antiskid palms: this will give you an excellent grip to hold the throttle and the motorcycle better.
• Hard plastics knuckle and foam padding: it will help protect your fingers and help in absorbing shocks for enjoyable and comfortable long rides.
• Genuine goatskin: the material is flexible and durable; hence you will be able to use the gloves frequently for extended periods.
• Perforated hole: it helps bring in the fresh air and wipe away sweat and moisture, leaving your hands dry and comfortable.
• Quick-release pull-tabs: it will help in easy taking on and off of the gloves.
• Adjustable straps: you will adjust the straps for a comfortable fit and allow excellent blood flow to your fingers.
This pair of gloves are designed with durability, and your fingers comfort in mind. The gloves are suitable for everyone since it has multiple sizes that you can select from for a comfortable fit and as per your preference.
Alpinestars Men’s Motorcycle Riding Glove – with Impact Resistance
Alpinestars is one of the renowned brands and manufacturers of the best summer motorcycle gloves globally. Motorcycle gloves from Alpinestars have great and unique features.
• Mesh chassis and perforation: this will ensure breathability and help in wicking sweat and moisture, leaving your hands dry and comfortable.
• Hard polymer: this will help in knuckle protection from impacts and in resisting abrasion.
• Velcro closure: it features a hoop and loop grip that will ensure the gloves stay securely positioned on your hands. It is also adjustable; thus, you will adjust the straps for a comfortable fit and allow blood to flow to your hands.
• It weighs 1.1 pounds: the gloves’ lightweight nature will enable you to use them for long without your hands getting fatigued.
• Touch-screen compatible: it will allow you to use your smartphone or tablet without removing the gloves.
Alpinestars Men’s SMX-1 Air v2 Motorcycle Riding Glove is constructed with premium materials to ensure you have excellent grip and dexterity on the motorcycle parts for a secure and comfortable ride. The gloves are durable and stylish.
Additionally, the gloves are available in various sizes. You can also select your preferred color from the various colors to match your outfit.
Who Makes the Best Summer Motorcycle Gloves?
Gloves from Alpinestars are designed with comfort, protection in mind. The summer motorcycle gloves from Alpinestars are:
Full-grain leather: this makes them durable and long-lasting
Breathable: the breathability makes the gloves comfortable due to the gloves’ air flowing and moisture-wicking capabilities.
High-quality armor: this helps in the protection of the knuckles against impacts.
Padding: it helps absorb shocks that may be brought by impacts and bumpy roads for a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
What Motorcycle Glove Material Should Be Used to Reduce Sweat?
This material is breathable, and it will wick away moisture and sweat in your hands.
The holes allow air to flow, reducing the chances of sweat in your hands during the ride in the summer season.
The material is lightweight and perforated. The polyester’s perforation allows air to flow hence reducing the temperature and moisture inside the gloves when riding during the summer or a hot day.
The airflow will lead to the drop of temperature in your hands and gloves hence reducing sweat.
It is a kind of durable and lightweight material.
Nylon is generally aerated. It has good airflow and abilities to wick away any moisture that may lead to your hands sweating during the ride.
Due to nylon materials’ aeration qualities, the airflow will lead to good air circulation inside the gloves when wearing them during a ride, thus reducing temperature and sweat.
This material is durable and comfortable.
The leather glove may not very breathable for it to reduce sweat during the ride; it should be combined with mesh and be perforated in strategic zones.
Leather materials with mesh at the chassis and perforation in strategic zones will reduce sweat.
Overall, Mesh gloves are the best to be used to reduce sweat inside the gloves.
What Do You Wear on a Motorcycle in the Summer?
When you sweat is when your body regulates your body temperature. You should wear
1. Vented helmet: this will provide excellent airflow, which will help in preventing you from getting hot and uncomfortable while riding.
2. Mesh gloves: these gloves are lightweight and can wick away or evaporate the sweat from your palms and hands, leaving you cool, dry, and comfortable.
3. Moisture-wicking t-shirt: putting on a moisture-wicking t-shirt under your motorcycle jacket will help absorb any sweat that may make you uncomfortable. It will also protect you from UV radiation.
4. Cooling vest: it will draw heat and sweat off your body.
5. Vented motorcycle boots: this will help keep your feet dry and comfortable by wicking away any moisture and sweat.
Tips on Riding Motorcycle in Summer
It would help if you hydrated frequently
While riding your motorcycle during the summer, you will sweat since your body will cool itself.
You will be losing much fluid from your body; hence you should drink little and often during the ride.
It would be best if you also were eating many fruits and vegetables, which will help build sodium.
Slather on the sunscreen
When riding a motorcycle in summer, you should wear sunscreen on the exposed body parts like your face or back of your neck.
Avoid ridding during hottest times of the day
During the summer, the temperatures are always high between 1200HRS and 1500HRS. You should avoid riding these hours, losing much fluid from your body when you sweat.
The above summer motorcycle gloves are equipped with outstanding qualities that will ensure maximum comfort and protection during your daily motorcycle rides in the summer.